Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dallas Weekend



The Birthday Boy and his cake
 This weekend we went to Dallas for my brother-in-law Philip's 60th birthday.  The party was held in a suite in the Adolphus Hotel in Downtown Dallas.  There was great food, good company and a great time.  I was honored that he asked me to bake a cake for the party.

German Chocolate Cake
 I asked what he wanted and it was German Chocolate, I knew it would be, and I made a white cake and decorated it.  It was a good thing I make two cakes because the German Chocolate was almost eaten and there was about half of the decorated cake left.  They both got rave reviews. 

On Saturday we went to a few antique shops and for dinner we went to Denton where Philip's friend Jim lives.  We ate at Hannah's off the Square.  The food was fabulous. 

I am always glad to spend time with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment