Friday, April 27, 2012

Roasted chicken

Tonite I made Roasted Chicken for dinner.  It only took me 35+ years to make it.  I always thought it was hard but DUH! it is one of the easiest things I ever made.  All you have to do is take a whole chicken, stuff its insides with a cut-up lemon, a whole head of garlic, cut in half, stems of rosemary and thyme, bake at 425 degrees for 1 1/2 hrs and you have one of the tastiest things you have ever eaten.  Serve it first with mashed potatoes and a veggie and then you have wonderful leftovers.  I am going to make Pioneer Woman's Chicken Pot Pie.  Yummy!  The only thing I like to add is I cut potatoes in 1/4 inch pieces and boil them a bit and add to the filling.  Makes it a bit hardier and makes it go a little further.  All this is assuming you have leftovers from the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment